North of Malibu and Van Nuys, and just 30 minutes north of West Los Angeles, this Spanish-style ranch sits on 140 acres of land, has a 17,000-square-foot main house, six guest houses, 10 staff houses, and a 37-stall “world class” equestrian facility. The Spanish colonial style ranch has been restored, following the strict architectural guidelines relating to that period. There is a newer 17,000 sq ft Clubhouse with fabulous 360 degrees of the property, mountains and landscaping. Gardens include a gazebo that seats 30 and large patios. A spacious dining/conference room and media room are featured. The grounds also include a pond, boat dock, gardens, a pool, multiple terraces and patios and even a helipad. It is surrounded by thousands of acres of land, part of the Simi Valley Parks District. The area was originally inhabited by the Chumash Indians, with several sites they once occupied on the ranch. From 1795 to 1865, the land was held by two different Spanish landowners, and then American interests took over. In the late 1920’s, a Los Angeles businessman bought the land and built the old brick home which is still there. Now corporate events, receptions and weddings are held there and the property has been used in films.

No comments: